Wednesday, October 22, 2014

FALL HOME TOUR {PART TWO}

It's been a few days since I shared the first part of my Fall Home Tour.  I've been busy with many projects at the Parsonage.  I didn't want to make you wait any longer for the rest of the tour, so without any more delay...come on into my living room. It's all dressed for the fall season.

As you come into the room, one of the first things you will see is grandma's cedar chest. I decided to place a vignette on top of the chest using various pieces of mercury glass. In the vase I added fall leaves along with a few branches.  I love white pumpkins and decided to add them to the vignette for an additional touch of color, rather than the typical orange pumpkins.



On the side tables next to the sofa



I place a few fall related items in my party-lite candle holders and added a few faux leaves at the base of the holders.


On the other table I added a lantern with a candle and faux leaves.

As I told you in my previous post , I like to add a few new things to change things up a bit.  This year I added a give thanks pillow.  It's a good reminder to give thanks for all that the Lord has blessed me with.


I was inspired by the Pottery Barn gather pillow, but it came with a price tag of $39.50. That's not in this girls budgets, so DIY was my plan.

One of  the projects that I'm working on, is a drop cloth slip cover for our sofa.  I had a little bit of fabric left over and thought it would work great for this pillow.  (I will be giving you the tutorial for this pillow soon.)


I have a little hidden secret about this pillow that I'll share in the tutorial post.

Come back and find out the secret.

                                              Have a great FALL day!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails